Just stop once in a while and you might see something spectacular...

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Bungee!

After returning from South America, I got bored so decided to fly up to Seattle to meet a friend and take a little road trip. We started in Seattle and started driving south to Portland.


On the way to Portland, we stopped in Amboy to do some good ol' bungee jumping from a ridiculously high bridge. It was AMAZING and a ton of fun. I'm convinced if you can get over your fear of bungee (which I had), you can conquer anything.
All I got for risking my life is this lousy t-shirt
Then we continued on to Portland, which is about 3 and a half hours from Seattle and maybe an hour from Amboy.

We only stopped in Portland to eat lunch then headed out again east for Idaho. Idaho is incredibly easy to drive. Great roads and minimal traffic but it looks WAY different than Seattle and Oregon. It looks like this and yes, it's this bad.


Helloooo sunrise!
Pretty damn beautiful
Mormon Temple
View from the State Capital building
Why do all state capitals look the same? Is that a law or something?
The last destination for me was Salt Lake City and after stopping in the middle of the night about 2 hours outside of SLC to get a few hours of sleep, we continued our way into SLC. We did a little sightseeing around SLC before I got dropped off at the SLC airport and flew back to San Jose while my friend continued on to Colorado. There is so much to see in the states and very few take advantage of it. I've been to quite a few states but really haven't seen THAT much of it so I look forward to seeing more!




No comments:

Post a Comment